Why add this flawless First Strike 2022-W Burnished American Silver Eagle coin to your collection?
In 2006, the U.S. Mint introduced the burnished (uncirculated) American Silver Eagle in celebration of the series’ twentieth anniversary. To mark the thirty-fifth year of issue of the series, the Mint launched the Type-2 style of the coin in 2021. This 2022 dated silver dollar represents the second release of the Type-2 Silver Eagle with a satiny burnished finish.
- This 2022-W American Silver Eagle coin is struck from 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The coin is a product of the U.S. Mint’s branch in West Point, New York.
- The coin measures 40.60 mm diameter.
- The coin is minted with an innovative interrupted reeded edge to discourage counterfeiting.
- The coin was awarded the collectible First Strike attribution.
- The perfectly graded coin includes a handsome American flag themed label.
Powerful Patriotic Silver Eagle Design
Obverse: The obverse features the American flag-wrapped form of Lady Liberty walking towards the rising sun, while carrying an oak and laurel bouquet. Inscribed “LIBERTY,” “2022,” “IN GOD WE TRUST” and the artist’s monogram “AW.” This rendition of Liberty, created by renowned early 20th century sculptor Adolph A. Weinman, is a revival of the 1916 Walking Liberty Half Dollar obverse.
Reverse: The reverse showcases an eagle with its wings raised in preparation for landing, while grasping an oak branch. Inscribed “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “1 OZ. FINE SILVER,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “ONE DOLLAR” and “W.” The Type-2 Eagle Landing image was created by acclaimed science and nature illustrator Emily Damstra.
Impeccable Specimen 70
This 2022-W Burnished American Silver Eagle coin was received by the Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) for review within the first thirty days of release. Possessing a perfectly executed strike, pristine surfaces and tremendous eye appeal, the 1 oz. silver dollar was judged to be in Specimen 70 condition. The coin is presented in a sonically sealed PCGS protective holder with a patriotic American flag style certification label that confirms its First Strike pedigree.