Why purchase this flawless 2022-S Proof American Silver Eagle coin?
The U.S. Mint issued the American Silver Eagle series from 1986 until mid-2021 with no major changes to its imagery. In 2021, in homage to the series’ 35th anniversary, the Mint introduced the Type-2 Silver Eagle, which features a completely new reverse design.
- This 2022-S American Silver Eagle Proof coin contains 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The 40.60 mm diameter coin represents the San Francisco Mint’s second proof release of the Type-2 design!
- The coin’s interrupted reeded edge serves as a counterfeit prevention feature.
- The perfectly graded coin received the coveted First Day of Issue attribution.
- The coin’s holder features an exciting themed core celebrating its San Francisco Bay area origin.
Designs Symbolizing Liberty and Freedom
Obverse: The obverse depicts Lady Liberty strolling towards the rising sun while wrapped in an American flag. Inscriptions include “LIBERTY,” “2022,” “IN GOD WE TRUST” and the artist’s monogram “AW.” The timeless image was initially created for the 1916 Walking Liberty Half Dollar by renowned sculptor Adolph A. Weinman.
Reverse: An eagle is illustrated on the reverse with its wings lifted to slow its descent. Inscribed “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “1 OZ. FINE SILVER,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “ONE DOLLAR” and the San Francisco Mint mark “S.” The powerful image is the work of Emily Damstra, a member of the U.S. Mint’s Artistic Infusion Program since 2014.
Pristine Proof 70 Ultra Cameo
This proof variety 2022-S American Silver Eagle coin was received by the Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) for assessment within twenty-four hours of its release from the Mint. The coin was judged to be worthy of the grade of Proof 70 Ultra Cameo (UC) for its flawless surfaces and the impeccably struck, astoundingly sharp contrast between its frosted and mirrored finishes. The coin is sonically sealed in a NGC holder which features a breathtaking view of the iconic San Francisco Bay Bridge, with an innovative First Day of Issue certification label that is specially designed to seamlessly complete the colorful bridge graphic.