Why add the 2021 United States Presidential Medal John Tyler 1 oz Silver Matte Medal NGC MS70 FDI to your collection?
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graders evaluated this 2021 United States Presidential Medal John Tyler 1 oz. Silver Matte Medal and awarded it the top grade of Mint State 70 (MS70).
- The medal qualified for the First Day of Issue (FDI) designation.
- This medal continues the U.S. Mint’s Presidential Silver Medal Series.
- These silver matte medals share the identical design as the iconic Presidential Bronze Medal series.
- This series is struck on .999 pure silver 1 oz. blanks.
- This medal honors John Tyler, 10th President of the United States.
John Tyler, Tenth President of the U.S.
Obverse: The obverse of the medal features a portrait of John Tyler. He was never elected President. He served as William Henry Harrison’s (9th POTUS) Vice President. Harrison died one month after his inauguration in 1841. Tyler He was a Whig while he served his one-term Presidency. He was a believer in State’s Rights and only allowed Federal regulation if the Federal power did not limit the states’ power.
Reverse: The shared reverse of the medal depicts a handshake beneath a tomahawk and a peace pipe which are crossed.
MS70 FDI Beauty
The medal is in the finest condition possible, Mint State 70. This medal exhibits a war, uniformly frosty matte finish. This piece is well-struck and exhibits stunning mint luster, remarkable eye appeal and no discernible flaws. The coin also qualified for the First Day of Issue designation.