Why add this GEM Proof 2021 7-Piece Proof Coin Set from the Japan Mint to your collection?
Japanese coinage, featuring exquisite culturally themed designs, are popular among collectors worldwide.
- This Japan Mint 2021 Proof Set is comprised of six Japanese legal tender coins.
- The set includes a dated, rectangular shaped 4.60 gram copper medal measuring 22 x 18 mm.
- Each piece in the set is struck with a spectacular proof finish.
- The 7-piece set will ship in its original Mint package with an Authenticity Certificate.
- Set mintage is limited to 34,000, however only 239 sets have been allocated for overseas sales.
Exciting Japanese Coin Set
The set includes a proof example of each of the 2021 circulating coins of Japan: a 500 yen nickel-brass coin, a 100 yen cupronickel coin, a 50 yen cupronickel coin, a 10 yen bronze coin, a 5 yen brass coin and a 1 yen aluminum coin, each featuring a unique design derived from Japanese culture. The 50 yen and 5 yen coins are each minted with a distinct circular hole at their center.
The copper medal obverse is inscribed with the word “PROOF” beneath the stylized blossom of a paulownia tree. This flower pattern, known as the “go-shichi-no-kiri,” is the official emblem of the government of Japan and the office of the Prime Minister. The reverse features the date “2021” with kanji characters representing “Mint” below, framed by a border of meandering vines.
Stunning GEM Proof Set
The ungraded coins and medal included in this 2021 Japan Mint Proof Coin Set are judged to be in GEM Proof condition. The set is housed in a handsome leather trimmed display case, accompanied by a protective paper slipcover and a Certificate of Authenticity in Japanese and English.