Why purchase this perfectly struck 2021-W American Silver Eagle Proof coin?
The American Silver Eagle series has been a patriotic symbol of freedom and peace for more than three decades. In 2021, the series’ 36th year of issue, the U.S. Mint plans to launch the Silver Eagle with a newly designed reverse. Early-year releases of the series will feature 12th U.S. Mint Chief Engraver John Mercanti’s iconic heraldic eagle imagery for the final time.
- The original heraldic eagle design graces the reverse of this 2021-W American Silver Eagle coin.
- The proof coin was struck from 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver at the West Point Mint.
- This coin was given the Type-1 pedigree to note that it bears the original Mercanti Heraldic Eagle reverse design.
- This product sold out at the U.S. Mint within 10 minutes of being available!
- The coin is accompanied by ModernCoinMart’s exclusive eagle label.
Gorgeous Silver Eagle Design
Obverse: The obverse depicts Lady Liberty wrapped in the American flag, walking towards the rising sun carrying branches of oak and laurel. The inscription “LIBERTY” curves above, with “IN GOD WE TRUST” and “2021” below. The image is borrowed from the 1916 Walking Liberty Half Dollar designed by renowned sculptor Adolph A. Weinman.
Reverse: Centered on the reverse is a heraldic eagle grasping an olive branch and a cluster of arrows. Inscriptions include “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “1 OZ. FINE SILVER,” “ONE DOLLAR,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” and “W.”
Flawless Proof 70 Ultra Cameo
This 2021-W American Silver Eagle proof coin was submitted to Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) within thirty days of release, earning the Early Releases designation. For its flawless surfaces and sharply struck contrast between finishes, the coin was awarded NGC’s highest grade of Proof 70 Ultra Cameo (UC). The 1 oz. proof silver dollar is encapsulated in a NGC protective holder adorned with ModernCoinMart’s exclusive, specially designed Eagle themed certification label.