Why does this 2023 7-Piece Proof Coin Set from the Japan Mint belong in your collection?
The circulating coinage of Japan is recognized worldwide for its thoughtfully crafted culturally themed imagery.
- This Japan Mint 2023 Proof Set contains six coins issued as legal tender of Japan.
- The set includes a bonus, rectangular shaped 2023 dated non-denominated 4.60 gram copper medal.
- The design of each piece in the set is accented by a lustrous proof finish.
- The attractively assembled 7-piece set will arrive in its original Mint package with an Authenticity Certificate.
- Set mintage is limited to 30,000, with merely 289 sets allocated for sale outside of Japan.
Gorgeous Japanese Coin Set
The set includes a proof version of each of the 2023 circulating coins of Japan: a 1 yen aluminum coin, a 5 yen brass coin, a 10 yen bronze coin, a 50 yen cupronickel coin, a 100 yen cupronickel coin and a bicolor clad nickel-brass, cupronickel and copper 500 yen coin. The 50 yen and 5 yen coins are each minted with a distinctive “cash coin” style circular hole at their center. Each coin features a unique design derived from an important aspect of Japanese culture.
The obverse of the copper medal is dominated by a stylized blossom of a paulownia tree, with the word “PROOF” inscribed below. This distinctive flower pattern, which is known as the “go-shichi-no-kiri,” is the official symbol representing the government of Japan and the office of the Prime Minister. On the reverse, an intricately detailed border of entwined vines and foliage surrounds the date “2023” and kanji characters which translate as “Mint.”
Exceptionally Crafted Proof Coin Set
The coins and medal included in this 2023 Japan Mint Proof Coin Set are in ungraded condition. Expect each component of the set to be magnificently minted, featuring a beautifully executed strike, exquisitely finished surfaces and outstanding eye appeal. The set is housed in a handsome leather trimmed display case, accompanied by a sleek dated cardstock slipcover and a Certificate of Authenticity in Japanese and English.