Why purchase this 2021 South Africa Proof 6-Piece Coins Set?
The South African Mint will be striking new designs on all of its circulated coinage in 2022, making this the last chance for collectors to own a Proof Set with coins bearing the current designs. These designs beautifully put the flora and fauna of the issuing nation in the hands of collectors. This set features six coins issued for circulation in 2021 with a proof finish. Just 3,000 of these sets were struck, so collectors hoping to own this historic set will have to act fast.
- This set consists of six coins: a 1 Rand, a 2 Rand, and a 5 Rand, a 10 cent, a 20 cent, a 50 cent piece.
- The set consists of a proof version of coins issued for circulation in South Africa in 2021.
- All of these coins were struck from base metals and have proof finishes.
- Just 3,000 of these sets were made.
- The South African Mint is changing the designs for all circulated coinage in 2022, making 2021 this the last year to feature these designs.
- The coins in this set will arrive in GEM Proof condition.
- These coins come in their original mint packaging.
Stunning South African Flora and Fauna Designs
Obverse: The South African coat of arms graces the obverse of each of these coins. It consists of a crowned eagle perched on a shield. The image is joined by the date, “2021,” and inscriptions in Afrikaans and English.
Reverses: The flora and fauna of the issuing nation feature on the reverses of these coins. The full Rand coins have animal designs: gun, a.k.a. “black wildebeest” on the 5 Rand, the kudu on the 2 Rand, and the springbok on the 1 Rand. The fractional coins bear flower designs. The crane flower is on the 50 cent piece, protea cynaroid flowers are on the 20 cent piece, and the arum lily is on the 10 cent coin.