Why order this Type 2 Proof 2021-S American Silver Eagle?
Own a piece of history with this first ever Type 2 Proof Silver Eagle. The coin is part of the 35th anniversary edition in the series and features a new reverse design by Emily Damstra. The new version of the coin also includes Adolph Weinman’s artist mark on the obverse for the first time. The US Mint introduced a new security feature with this release, an interrupted reeded edge. No serious collector of Proof Silver Eagles should go without at least one piece from this historic release.
- This coin is $1 legal tender in the United States.
- This proof was struck from 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- This issue was struck at the San Francisco Mint, as evidenced by its “S” mint mark.
- This piece is part of the 35th anniversary edition of the Silver Eagle Proof.
- This is among the first ever Type 2 versions of the coin.
- The new edition features a new reverse design by Emily Damstra.
- Adolph Weinman’s artist mark makes its series debut on the obverse.
- The U.S. Mint introduced a new security feature, an interrupted serrated edge.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this piece Proof 69.
- NGC certified this proof Ultra Cameo.
- Grading information comes on a brown label.
Powerful Eagle Landing Design by Emily Damstra
Obverse: Gracing the obverse is the historic Walking Liberty design of Adolph Weinman. Liberty wears a Phrygian cap and is draped in the American flag as she carries branches in the early morning sun. Her name, “LIBERTY,” joins the date, “2021” and the national motto, “IN GOD WE TRUST,” among the obverse inscriptions. Adolph Weinman made numerous numismatic contributions, including designing both faces of the Mercury Dime and Walking Liberty Half Dollar. He was also a sculptor, and his work can still be seen in various American cities.
Reverse: Making its debut on the reverse is Emily Damstra’s Eagle Landing design. The bird spreads its wings while clutching an oak branch as it prepares to land. “E PLURIBUS UNUM” is inscribed just inside the rim inscriptions, which read, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “ONE DOLLAR,” and “1 OZ. FINE SILVER.”
Nearly Perfect PF69 UC with Brown Label
This coin’s grading information has been printed on a brown label. Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) certified that this piece is in Proof 69 condition, meaning that it appears flawless to the unaided eye. The grading company also credited this piece with exhibiting particularly sharp contrasts between heavily frosted devices and deeply mirrored fields by certifying it Ultra Cameo.