2015-S US Mint Clad Proof Coin Set
The pinnacle of coin sets issued each year by the United States Mint in San Francisco, this set contains a grand total of 14 coins. Every coin comes minted from specially treated and polished dies and coin blanks to give you the highest quality representation possible of the designs in circulation today.
The fourteen coins represented in this set are:
- 2015-S Proof Lincoln ‘Union Shield’ cent
- 2015-S Proof Jefferson Nickel
- 2015-S Proof Roosevelt Dime
- Five 2015-S Washington quarters (designs are Homestead, Kisatchie, Blue Ridge, Bombay Hook, and Saratoga)
- 2015-S Kennedy half dollar
- Four 2015-S Presidential dollars (designs are Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Johnson)
- 2015-S Native American dollar
These coins come housed in their original packaging from the United States Mint in San Francisco, and make a wonderful addition (or beginning) to a coin collection!
Proof Set History
Proof coins and proof sets go back to the beginning of the 19th century, when collectors could write to the Mint by letter and pay face value for whichever coins they wanted to add to their collection. The coining room had samples of each coin in proof, and would send back to the collector those denominations ordered. Eventually all of the coins would be put together in sets and collectors would have to pay for and receive the entire set as one piece.
Times have changed for proof sets, but what has not changed is the fact that the proof sets of today are made with exacting care and quality. Each set is carefully minted and packaged by hand at the US Mint in San Francisco, California.