Why order this NGC certified Proof 70 First Releases American 2022-W Proof Silver Eagle?
The proof counterpart to one of the world’s most popular bullion series continues with this 2022 American Silver Eagle Proof. The coin bears a pair of designs that showcase national pride, bringing together a century old design with one that was just introduced in mid-2021. This coin would work as a beautiful standalone piece or part of a collection of coins from this iconic series.
- This coin is one dollar legal tender in the United States.
- This coin was struck on a 1 oz planchet of .999 fine silver.
- This piece bears the “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint.
- The Silver Eagle has U.S. government backing for weight and purity.
- This series started in 1986.
- The Type 2 Silver Eagle replaced the Type 1 in mid-2021.
- The coin has an interrupted reeded edge as a security feature.
- Adolph Weinman’s artist mark is on the obverse.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this coin Proof 70 (PF70).
- NGC certified this piece Ultra Cameo (UC) and First Releases (FR).
Patriotic Designs by Adolph Weinman and Emily Damstra
Obverse: On the obverse is the iconic Walking Liberty design of Adolph Weinman which first appeared on the half dollar of the same name. Liberty carries laurel and oak branches while draped in the American flag as the morning sun begins to rise. Her name, “LIBERTY,” is inscribed on this face, as are the national motto, “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and the date, “2022.” Adolph Weinman played a central role in America’s early 20th century numismatic renaissance. His most famous numismatic designs are those of the Walking Liberty Half Dollar and the Mercury Dime.
Reverse: The reverse bears an Eagle Landing design that was introduced in mid-2021. The work of Emily Damstra, it shows an eagle as it prepares to land with an oak branch in its talons. The statutory motto “E PLURIBUS UNUM” is inside the rim inscriptions, which read, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “1 OZ. FINE SILVER,” and “ONE DOLLAR.” Emily Damstra has been contributing designs to the US Mint since 2017. She has an M.F.A. from the University of Michigan.
Flawless PF70 UC FR
The experts at Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this piece Proof 70, which means that it appears perfect as seen under 5x magnification. They also certified the coin Ultra Cameo (UC) and First Releases (FR). The UC designation credits it for having deeply mirrored fields and heavily frosted devices, while the FR certification means that it was submitted for grading within 30 days of its initial release from the mint.