Why purchase this 2022-W American Silver Eagle Proof certified by NGC to be in Proof 70 condition?
Share in the rich tradition of the Proof Silver Eagle with this second ever Type 2 edition. The series started in 1986 and underwent significant changes in mid-2021 when the Type 2 design replaced the Type 1. Those changes include a new reverse design, the addition of Adolph Weinman’s artist mark to the obverse, and a new security feature, an interrupted reeded edge.
- This coin is $1 legal tender in the United States.
- This coin was struck on a 1 ounce planchet of .999 fine silver.
- This is the latest release in a series that dates back to 1986.
- This issue is the proof counterpart to one of the most popular bullion coins in the world.
- Adolph Weinman’s artist mark is included on the obverse.
- The coin has an interrupted reeded edge, a security feature introduced in mid-2021.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded the coin Proof 70.
- NGC certified this piece Ultra Cameo (UC) and First Day of Issue (FDI).
- Grading information comes on an exclusive Eagle label.
Featuring the Patriotic Designs of Emily Damstra and Adolph Weinman
Obverse: Gracing the obverse is the famous Walking Liberty Design of Adolph Weinman. Liberty is draped in the American flag as she carries branches in the early morning sun. Obverse inscriptions note her name, “LIBERTY,” the date, “2022,” and the national motto, “IN GOD WE TRUST.” Adolph Weinman immigrated to the United States from Germany as a teenager. He was a prominent sculptor and made some of the most important contributions to America’s early 20th century numismatic renaissance.
Reverse: The reverse bears an Eagle Landing design by Emily Damstra. The national bird prepares to land with its wings spread and an oak branch in its talons. It is joined by the inscription “E PLURIBUS UNUM” and encircled by three rim inscriptions, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “ONE DOLLAR,” and “1 OZ. FINE SILVER.” Emily Damstra has been contributing numismatic designs to the US Mint since 2017. She has an M.F.A. from the University of Michigan.
Impeccable PF70 UC FDI with Exclusive Eagle Label
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) awarded this piece its highest grade, Proof 70, which means that the coin appears perfect under 5x magnification. The grading company also noted that the coin exhibits particularly sharp contrasts between heavily frosted devices and deeply mirrored fields by certifying it Ultra Cameo. Finally, NGC certified it First Day of Issue, information which is provided on a ModernCoinMart exclusive Eagle themed certification label.