Why purchase this flawless 1 oz. silver First Releases colorized high relief 2022 Lunar Year of the Tiger proof coin?
This silver proof coin celebrating the 2022 Year of the Tiger is a beautifully crafted work of art honoring the third animal symbol of the ancient Chinese zodiac and the legacy of Macau. As a former Portuguese colony, Macau’s historic center features an eclectic blend of Portuguese and Chinese architecture which led to its declaration as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2005.
- This 2022 Lunar Year of the Tiger coin contains 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The coin is a Singapore Mint product.
- The 40.70 mm diameter coin is minted with a magnificent proof finish.
- The coin’s obverse image features culturally inspired patterns and colors.
- The reverse of the coin is exquisitely struck in high relief.
- The coin received the First Releases attribution.
- The impeccably graded coin includes its original Mint packaging.
- Mintage is limited to just 8,000 pieces.
Gorgeous Year of the Tiger Tribute
Obverse: A tiger is depicted on the obverse, rendered with bright colors and patterns borrowed from Portuguese tile designs. A stylized array of lotus blooms appear in the background in honor of the Macau city flower. Inscribed “MACAU, CHINA,” “20 PATACAS” and “2022.”
Reverse: The reverse depicts the symmetrical towers of St. Lawrence’s Church, a stunning example of neo-classical style architecture and one of the three oldest churches located in Macau. Inscribed “1 OZ 999 AG” below, with “ST. LAWRENCE’S CHURCH” curving above in English, Chinese characters and Portuguese.
Proof 70 Perfection
The Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) received this 2022 Macau Year of the Tiger 1 oz. silver proof coin for review within thirty days of release. For its flawless high relief strike, pristine surfaces and tremendous eye appeal, the coin earned the perfect grade of Proof 70. The coin is encased in a NGC protective holder with a First Releases certification label. The graded coin will arrive with its original Mint packaging and Authenticity Certificate.