Why add this beautiful 2-Piece Brilliant Uncirculated Silver and Gold 2022 Chinese New Year Celebration Coin Set to your collection?
This beautiful 2-piece gold and silver coin set is issued by the China Mint to welcome the year 2022. In Chinese culture, the commencement of the Lunar New Year is the nation’s largest and most celebrated holiday. The 2022 Year of the Tiger celebrations begin on February first.
- This 2022 New Year Celebration coin set includes two coins, each struck at the Shenzhen Guobao Mint.
- Each coin is struck with a unique single year of issue design.
- The silver coin, with a diameter measurement of 25 mm and a legal tender value of 3 Yuan, is crafted from 8 grams (0.257 Troy oz.) of .999 fine silver.
- Minted with a diameter of 10 mm and a 10 Yuan legal tender value, the gold coin contains 1 gram (0.03215 Troy oz.) of .999 fine gold.
- Both coins feature a sensational Brilliant Uncirculated finish.
- Mintage of the silver coin is limited to 2,000,000, while no more than 10,000 of the gold coins will be struck.
- The coins will arrive in a celebratory folder blister pack.
Exciting New Year Celebration Imagery
Common Obverse: Centered on the obverse is the national emblem of China, which features the landmark Tiananmen Gate of the Forbidden City. Five stars are positioned above, the largest representing the ruling Communist Party, and the remaining four symbolizing each class of Maoism. Inscribed “People’s Republic of China” in Chinese characters above, with “2022” below.
Gold Reverse: The gold reverse is adorned with the shape of “Fu” by Wen Zhengming of the Ming Dynasty, surrounded by decorative panes, plum blossoms, folk house eaves and the coin’s “10 YUAN” denomination. The Chinese character “Fu” signifies wishes of blessings, happiness and fortune in the New Year. Silver Reverse: The silver reverse is similar in design, with the addition of a papercut floral background, magpies, the 3 Yuan denomination and the Chinese characters for “Renyin,” which identifies 2022 as the Year of the Tiger as well as the 39th year of the 60-year Chinese Sexagenary cycle.
Exceptional Brilliant Uncirculated 2-Coin Set
Each coin in this 2022 Chinese New Year Celebration Set is judged to be in Brilliant Uncirculated (GEM BU) condition. Expect the 8 gram silver and 1 gram gold bullion coins to each feature a superbly executed strike, paired with gorgeously finished surfaces and outstanding eye appeal. The coins are presented in a blister pack style folder, which is newly designed to commemorate the 2022 release, featuring brightly colored festive imagery honoring China’s most important holiday.