Why add this PCGS certified First Day of Issue Mint State 70 2022 Silver American Eagle to your collection?
Grow your collection of silver today with this perfect 2022 Silver American Eagle. The coin is part of the second year of issue of the Type 2 design in the series. The new reverse design features Emily Damstra’s “Eagle Landing” reverse design, which replaced John Mercanti’s “Heraldic Eagle” reverse in mid-2021. Other changes from the Type 1 version include an interrupted reeded edge anti-counterfeiting security measure and the inclusion of Adolph Weinman’s artist mark on the obverse of the coin.
- This coin is $1 U.S. legal tender.
- This piece was struck from 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- The coin continues a series that started in 1986.
- The Silver Eagle is one of the most popular bullion coins in the world.
- The coin is backed by the U.S. government for weight and purity.
- An interrupted reeded edge serves as a security feature.
- The obverse bears Adolph Weinman’s artist mark.
- Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) graded this coin Mint State 70.
- PCGS certified this piece First Day of Issue.
- Grading information comes on a flag label.
- The coin is set in a blue frame.
Powerful Walking Liberty Design by Adolph Weinman
Obverse: Liberty carries laurel and oak branches while draped in the American flag in Adolph Weinman’s obverse design. The morning sun emerges from beyond the horizon. “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and “2022” are inscribed along the rim. Adolph Weinman is best known for designing the Mercury Dime and the Walking Liberty Half Dollar. He was also a prolific sculptor.
Reverse: Emily Damstra designed and Michael Gaudioso sculpted the Eagle Landing design on the reverse. The bird carries an oak branch in its talons as it spreads its wings preparing to land. “E PLURIBUS UNUM” is inscribed to the right, while rim inscriptions include the name of the issuing country, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” the coin’s face value, “ONE DOLLAR,” and its weight, “1 OZ. FINE SILVER.” Emily Damstra earned an M.F.A. degree from the University of Michigan. Her first numismatic contributions came in 2017.
Perfect MS70 FDI with Blue Frame and Flag Label
This coin earned Professional Coin Grading Service’s (PCGS’s) highest grade, Mint State 70, which means that it appears flawless even under 5x magnification. This particular coin was also certified First Day of Issue. This information comes on an American flag themed certification label, and the coin comes set in a blue frame, resulting in a lovely presentation of this flawless silver coin.