Why add this superbly minted 10 oz. silver 2023 Somalia African Wildlife Elephant brilliant uncirculated coin to your collection of precious metal treasures?
The African Wildlife Elephant series was initially introduced by the Bavarian State Mint in 1999 as a coin of Zambia. In 2004, the issuing nation of the series was transitioned to Somalia, where it has remained for all subsequent releases. The series is characterized by meticulously rendered annually changing imagery celebrating the majestic elephant in its natural and widely diverse habitats.
- This African Wildlife Elephant coin is struck from 10 Troy oz. of .9999 fine silver.
- The coin features a gorgeous brilliant uncirculated finish.
- The 2023 dated coin represents the milestone 20th year of issue of the Somalia African Elephant series.
- The coin is minted with a generous 75 mm diameter.
- The coin is a product of Germany’s Bavarian State Mint.
- The one thousand shilling denomination coin is considered to be legal tender in the Federal Republic of Somalia.
Delightful African Bush Elephant Scene
Obverse: The Federal Republic of Somalia coat of arms appears on the obverse, surrounded by the inscriptions “SOMALI REPUBLIC,” “1,000 SHILLINGS,” and the date of issue “2023,” along with a delicate beaded border near the coin’s rim.
Reverse: As herbivores, adult African bush elephants consume approximately 350 pounds of vegetation each day! On the reverse, a bush elephant is depicted in an African landscape beneath a mid-day sun enjoying a leafy snack, while reaching up with its trunk to strip the leaves off an overhanging branch for its next bite. The picturesque wilderness scene is framed by a border that is adorned with the inscriptions “AFRICAN WILDLIFE,” “ELEPHANT,” and “10 OZ AG 999.9.”
Exquisitely Crafted Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
This 2023 10 oz. silver Somalia African Wildlife Elephant coin is judged to be in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition. The 1,000 shilling denomination bullion coin is ungraded, featuring a beautifully executed strike, exceptionally finished surfaces, and tremendous eye appeal.