Why add this 2023 1 kilo Silver Somalia African Wildlife Elephant brilliant uncirculated coin to your collection?
The African Wildlife Elephant series has been annually produced by the Bavarian State Mint since 1999. The series was originally released by Zambia, but then transferred to the Federal Republic of Somalia in 2004. The series is dedicated to the African elephant, and has featured a newly designed image of the majestic creature surrounded by iconic elements of its environment for every release since its late 20th century introduction.
- This African Wildlife Elephant bullion coin is struck from 1 kilo (32.15 Troy oz.) of .9999 fine silver.
- The 2023 dated coin represents the exciting 20th year of issue of the Somalia African Elephant series.
- The coin features an impressive diameter measuring 100.30 mm.
- The coin’s beautifully detailed imagery is highlighted by a sensational brilliant uncirculated finish.
- The Federal Republic of Somalia legal tender coin carries a face value of two thousand shillings.
- The coin is a product of the Bavarian State Mint, which has been minting coinage in Munich, Germany since 1158.
Stunning Interpretation of the African Elephant
Obverse: The coat of arms representing the Federal Republic of Somalia is located on the obverse, positioned between the divided date of “20” and “23.” Additional inscriptions include “SOMALI REPUBLIC” and “2,000 SHILLINGS.”
Reverse: An idyllic African landscape of rolling hills and an Acacia tree under a blazing sun is illustrated on the reverse. In the foreground, an African bush elephant nibbles on a bundle of leaves, while reaching overhead with its curling trunk to collect another leafy snack. A border surrounding the picturesque scene bears the inscriptions “AFRICAN WILDLIFE,” “ELEPHANT” and “1 KG AG 999.9.”
Spectacular Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
This Bavarian State Mint 2023 Somalia 1 kilo silver African Wildlife Elephant coin is considered to be in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition. The 2,000 shilling denomination silver bullion coin is ungraded, featuring an exceptionally rendered strike, expertly finished surfaces and outstanding eye appeal.