Why make this 5 oz. Scottsdale Mint Tombstone Silver Nugget bullion bar a part of your collection?
The Tombstone Silver Nugget series produced by the Scottsdale Mint is an extraordinary homage to the legacy of Tombstone, Arizona. Established in the late 19th century, when Arizona was not yet a state, but a territory, the city was a boomtown known for the atrocities of fearless outlaws, and its massive deposits of silver discovered by Ed Schieffelin, a career prospector from the state of Pennsylvania.
- This Tombstone Nugget bar is struck from 5 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The bullion bar is minted in a free-form irregular shape, each bar in the series will be unique!
- The bar features a distinct, one-of-a-kind hammered surface texture.
- The edge of the bar boasts the characteristics of roughhewn metal.
- The bar, which is not legal tender, is made in the U.S.A, in the state of Arizona, at the Scottsdale Mint.
- The bar will arrive as packaged by the Mint, with an Authenticity Certificate.
Enchanting Hammered Nugget Design
Obverse: The obverse surface of the bar is covered with a random hammered texture, which concludes abruptly at the bar’s rough, unevenly finished edges. The “TOMBSTONE ARIZONA TERRITORY” logo of the series is clearly stamped into a hammered pattern, adjacent to “SILVER NUGGET.”
Reverse: The hammered texture is repeated across the reverse surface of the bar, with its metallic purity, content, and weight appearing as the inscriptions “.999 FINE SILVER” and “5 OZ TROY.” A circular inset beside the text serves as a frame for the Mint’s heraldically styled logo depicting a crowned lion. The emblem is encircled by the inscription “MADE BY SCOTTSDALE MINT.”
Exceptionally Minted Silver Bullion Bar
This 5 oz. silver Scottsdale Mint Tombstone Nugget bullion bar is available from ModernCoinMart in ungraded condition, featuring a superior quality strike with sharply defined incuse design elements, beautifully finished hammered surfaces and tremendous eye appeal. The non-denominational silver bullion bar will be packaged in a charming, vintage style Tombstone branded drawstring coin sack, along with a coordinating Certificate of Authenticity.