Why add this 2022 dated gold proof Quarter Sovereign coin honoring the memory of Queen Elizabeth II to your collection?
Since 1817, the British Gold Sovereign has been minted with a depiction of St. George and the Dragon by Benedetto Pistrucci on the reverse. This limited mintage 2022 release features a rare change to the reverse design, dedicated to the memory of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the longest reigning monarch in British history.
- This 2022 Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Quarter Sovereign coin is struck from 1.997 grams of .9167 fine gold.
- The coin features a gleaming proof finish.
- The coin represents the first release of the Sovereign series depicting His Majesty the King.
- The coin measures 13.50 mm in diameter.
- The coin is issued as legal tender of Great Britain.
- The coin will arrive as packaged by The Royal Mint.
- The coin is one of only 6,480 minted.
Beautifully Detailed Designs
Obverse: The obverse is adorned with a portrait of His Majesty King Charles III, in a left facing pose. The image is accompanied by the inscriptions “CHARLES III” and “DEI. GRA. REX. FID. DEF.” This royal effigy, which received the personal approval of the King, was created by renowned British sculptor Martin Jennings.
Reverse: The reverse features a rendition of the Royal Arms, depicting the Lion of England and the Unicorn of Scotland grasping a heraldic shield, with the floral emblems of the United Kingdom below. Inscriptions include the motto of the British monarch “DIEU ET MON DROIT” (God and my right) and “2022.” The image is the work of award-winning sculptor Jody Clark, designer of the final definitive coinage portrait of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Expertly Minted Gold Proof Coin
This Great Britain 2022 Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Quarter Sovereign 1.997 gram gold proof coin is in ungraded condition. The impressively crafted coin features a superior quality strike, gorgeously finished surfaces and spectacular eye appeal. The encapsulated coin will ship in its original Mint branded display case, along with a Certificate of Authenticity.