Why purchase this 2023 Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III Quarter Sovereign gold proof coin?
This Quarter Sovereign proof coin issued by The Royal Mint commemorates the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III. The ceremony, an inspiring demonstration of the importance of historic ritualistic tradition in the British monarchy, was held at Westminster Abbey on May 6, 2023.
- This 2023 King Charles III Coronation Quarter Sovereign coin contains 1.997 grams of .9167 fine gold.
- The coin represents the first Sovereign series release to depict a crowned image of His Majesty the King.
- The coin is minted with a lustrous proof finish.
- The 13.50 mm diameter coin is issued as legal tender of Great Britain.
- The coin will arrive in its original The Royal Mint package.
- Mintage is limited to just 4,655 pieces.
Exquisitely Rendered Imagery
Obverse: The obverse features a left-facing portrait of His Majesty King Charles III, wearing the St. Edward’s Crown, a headdress that is worn only once by a monarch during the coronation ceremony. The image is encircled by the inscriptions “CHARLES III” and “DEI. GRA. REX. FID. DEF.” This effigy was created exclusively for The Royal Mint by acclaimed British sculptor Martin Jennings.
Reverse: The reverse is adorned with Benedetto Pistrucci’s famed 1817 interpretation of the dramatic conflict between good and evil. St. George is portrayed as a brave warrior astride a galloping horse, poised to strike a fatal blow with a sword into the body of a winged dragon. The date of issue, “2023,” and the designer’s initials, “B.P.” are inscribed below.
Magnificently Minted Gold Proof Coin
This Great Britain 2023 King Charles III Coronation Quarter Sovereign 1.997 gram gold proof coin is presented in ungraded condition. Expect the coin to feature a beautifully executed strike, gorgeously finished surfaces, and fantastic eye appeal. The coin is encapsulated and housed in an elegant Mint-branded wood display case, accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.