Why add this 2023 1 kilo silver Big Five African Leopard spherical antiqued coin to your collection?
The Big Five Spherical series issued by the Republic of Djibouti is an homage to the five most iconic creatures that roam the savanna of Africa: the lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo. This 2023 dated 1 kilo silver coin is dedicated to the African Leopard. The entirety of the coin’s spherical surface is encompassed by an intricately detailed design, as a result of an innovative six-piece die.
- This 2023 Leopard coin is struck from 1 Kilo (32.15 Troy oz.) of .999 fine silver.
- The coin is sphere-shaped, measuring an astounding 56 mm in diameter.
- The coin’s complex imagery is dramatically enhanced by a hand applied antiqued finish.
- The coin is issued as legal tender of the Republic of Djibouti, with a face value of 1,000 Francs.
- The coin includes a handsome display case.
- Mintage of this numismatic treasure is limited to merely 199 pieces.
Gorgeous African Savanna Scene
Obverse: The obverse is adorned with the coat of arms of the Republic of Djibouti. The national emblem is surrounded by the inscriptions “REPUBLIQUE DE DJIBOUTI,” “AG 999,” “1000 FRANCS” and “1 KG.”
Reverse: A continuous, hand-drawn interpretation of the African landscape wraps around the reverse. The scene features multiple leopards in various poses, such as caring for cubs, climbing amongst tree branches, chasing an antelope, and a close-up portrait. Two tribal-themed bands frame the image, while silhouettes of the African continent appear above, along with the inscription “LEOPARDS” and the year of issue “2023.”
Magnificent Antiqued Silver Spherical Coin
This 1,000 Franc 2023 Djibouti Leopard sphere-shaped coin is available from ModernCoinMart in ungraded condition. Expect the impressive 1 kilo silver coin to be expertly minted, featuring beautifully finished antiqued surfaces and fantastic eye appeal. The spherical coin is housed in a modern cube-shaped clear acrylic display case, nestled upon an elegantly engraved wooden base, accompanied by a leopard-themed Certificate of Authenticity.