Why should this beautifully crafted 2022 In Memoriam of Queen Elizabeth II proof gold coin be the next addition to your collection?
Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II was one of the most influential figures of the 20th century, leading the British monarchy into the modern age with unwavering dedication. This gorgeously designed gold proof coin is an homage to the Queen’s life and her legacy.
- This 2022 In Memoriam of Queen Elizabeth II coin contains 1/2 gram of .9999 fine gold.
- The coin features a lustrous proof finish, featuring delicately frosted design elements and glossy mirrored backgrounds.
- The coin is a product of the Mayer Mint located in Germany.
- The legal tender five dollar denomination coin of the Cook Islands measures 11.0 mm in diameter.
- The coin will ship in a specially designed Mint capsule.
- No more than 25,000 coins will be minted.
Beautifully Rendered Commemorative Design
Obverse: An image of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in a right facing pose is located on the obverse, encircled by the inscriptions “ELIZABETH II,” “COOK ISLANDS” and “5 DOLLARS.” This iconic rendition of the monarch is recognized as the fourth definitive coinage portrait. The Queen’s likeness was created in 1998 by renowned British sculptor Ian Rank-Broadley.
Reverse: A forward facing interpretation of the late monarch appears on the reverse, beneath the poignant curving inscription “IN MEMORIAM QUEEN ELIZABETH II.” The Queen is wearing a triple strand pearl necklace, along with a jeweled tiara that is known as the Cambridge Lover’s Knot, a headpiece that she inherited from her grandmother Queen Mary in 1953. The dates of life “21ST APRIL 1926” and “8TH SEPTEMBER 2022” are inscribed beside the monarch.
Stunning Gold Proof Coin
This 2022 Cook Islands 0.50 gram gold five dollar coin issued In Memoriam of Queen Elizabeth II is presented in proof condition. Expect the superbly minted coin to possess a remarkably sharp strike, magnificently finished proof surfaces and sensational eye appeal. The coin will arrive safely sealed in its original Mint capsule.