Why order this 2024 3 oz Silver High Relief Chad Antiqued Figure 8 Dragon?
This 3 Ounce Silver 2024 High Relief Chad Antiqued Figure 8 Dragon is sure to be a favorite not only of lunar-themed fans but also collectors who are enthusiasts of uniquely shaped pieces. This fourth release in the Figure 8 Series continues a tradition that was originally denominated by Tokelau. With a low mintage of just 333 pieces, you’ll want to secure this coin for your collection while you can!
- This coin is 15,000 Francs legal tender in Chad.
- This coin was struck from 3 troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- This coin is part of a mintage of just 333 pieces.
- This is the fourth issue in the Figure 8 Series.
- Previous issues in the series were denominated by Tokelau.
- This piece was struck in high relief and has an antiqued finish.
Striking Two Dragons Design
Obverse: The obverse design is the coat of arms of Chad. That consists of a shield that is supported by a goat and a lion, along with a ribbon that bears the motto “UNITE, TRAVAIL, PROGRES” (Unity, Work, Progress). Inscriptions encircling the arms note the name of the issuing country, “REPUBLIQUE DU TCHAD,” the date, “2024,” and the coin’s face value, “15000 FRANCS CFA.” All of this is on a circular area that sits in the center against the backdrop of a yin-yang symbol.
Reverse: Two dragons intertwine and meet in the center on the reverse. They are sculpted to form a figure 8. Holes within the 8 are octagonal, harking to the Ba Gua symbol that is important in Taoism. The number 8 symbolizes good fortune in Chinese culture and balance and wholeness in Taoism.