Why purchase this 2023 1000 Francs Cameroon 2 oz Silver Slavic Bestiary Rusalka?
Mythology enthusiasts are sure to love this 2023 Cameroon 2 oz Silver Rusalka. This coin is part of the Slavic Bestiary Series, which features demonic characters living in bodies of water, forests, and fields. The Rusalka were reputed to be the souls of women who had died before their time. Often malicious to humans, these sultry and beautiful creatures would try to lure men to their death to avenge their own deaths.
- This piece is 1000 Francs legal tender in Cameroon.
- This coin was struck from 2 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Just 10,000 of these coins were minted.
- The coin was struck at the Poland Mint.
- First release in the Slavic Bestiary Series.
- The series features demonic creatures that live in bodies of water, fields, and forests.
- Rusalka were believed to be the souls of women who died before their time.
- This piece will arrive in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
Exquisite Rusalka Design
Obverse: The coat of arms of Cameroon is at the center of the reverse joined by inscriptions. Those inscriptions include the name of the issuing country, “REPUBLIQUE DU CAMEROUN,” and the coin’s face value, “1000 FRANCS CFA.” Beyond the inscriptions are ornate designs, which include among other things a hand holding a snake.
Reverse: The reverse bears a Rusalka, a naked girl with long hair. There are several other design elements, including a flower. Inscriptions on this face offer the name of the featured creature, “RUSALKA,” and the name of the series, “SLAVIC BESTIARY.”