Why does this impeccably graded First Releases Perth Mint 1/10 oz. gold bullion 2023 Australian Kangaroo coin issued in honor of Queen Elizabeth II belong in your collection?
The Perth Mint launched the Gold Australian Kangaroo series in 1990. Each release of the series is characterized by a newly designed rendition of one of Australia’s most famed marsupials. Along with an exciting single year of issue kangaroo image, the 2023 release of the series is particularly noteworthy for its homage to Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
- This 2023 Australian Kangaroo coin contains 1/10 Troy oz. of .9999 fine gold.
- The coin’s obverse design is a tribute to the late Queen.
- The $15 Australian legal tender coin measures 16.60 mm in diameter.
- The coin’s reverse imagery features a camouflaged security mark, which can only be detected under magnification.
- The perfectly graded coin is accompanied by a kangaroo style certification label.
- The coin qualified for the coveted First Releases attribution.
- The coin is part of a 200,000 piece limited mintage.
Meticulously Detailed Kangaroo Scene
Obverse: Featured on the obverse is the likeness of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by a wide border bearing the inscriptions “ELIZABETH II,” “AUSTRALIA” and “15 DOLLARS.” As a tribute to the extraordinary life and historic reign as Great Britain’s longest serving monarch, the dates “1952-2022” are inscribed above the Queen’s likeness. This final definitive coinage portrait of the monarch designed in 2015, is an example of the work of renowned British sculptor Jody Clark.
Reverse: The reverse depicts a magnificently rendered adult kangaroo peering over its shoulder in an alert standing pose. A segment of Australian Outback landscape is clearly illustrated in the background, showcasing a pair of grass trees and a eucalyptus tree amid varied ground-covering foliage. Inscribed “KANGAROO,””2023 1/10 OZ 9999 GOLD” and the Mint mark “P.”
Exquisite Mint State 70 Gold Coin
This 2023 Australia 1/10 oz. Gold Kangaroo coin was submitted to the Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) for review within thirty days of its official Mint release date, earning the collectible First Releases designation. For its impeccably executed strike, flawless surfaces and tremendous eye appeal, the coin dedicated to the memory of Queen Elizabeth II was awarded the NGC’s highest bullion coin grade of Mint State 70. The $15 dollar gold limited mintage coin is encapsulated in a sonically sealed NGC protective holder with a picturesque Kangaroo style First Releases certification label.