Why purchase this limited mintage 2023 New Zealand proof set with a colorized 1 oz. silver dollar coin?
The annually issued New Zealand Proof Currency Set is comprised of the year’s five circulating coins, with an extraordinary single year of issue silver dollar. The silver dollar in the 2023 dated set is an homage to the Ngaro Huruhuru, one of New Zealand’s native bees.
- This New Zealand Proof Currency Set includes one example of each of the five circulating coins of 2023.
- The set features one annually issued, one dollar denomination coin struck from 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The 40 mm diameter silver dollar is minted with a sensational color enhanced single year of issue design.
- The imagery of each legal tender coin of New Zealand is highlighted by a gleaming proof finish.
- The coins will arrive in an elegant original Mint display case.
- Mintage is limited to only 750 sets.
Six Handsomely Designed Coins of New Zealand
Obverse: Each obverse is graced with a right facing portrait of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the inscriptions “NEW ZEALAND,” “ELIZABETH II” and “2023.” The silver dollar also includes the inscription “.999 AG 1 OZ.” The iconic likeness of the late monarch was created by acclaimed British sculptor Ian Rank-Broadley in 1998.
Reverse: The reverse designs feature an array of imagery of historical significance to the nation: a kotuku (white heron), a kiwi, the HMS Endeavor, a rendition of 18th century Maori leader Pukaki, and a koruru, a Maori carved mask. The silver dollar is adorned with a selectively colorized scene depicting a Ngaro Huruhuru hovering above a spray of Manuka blossoms, with the inscriptions “NATIVE BEE,” “NGARO HURUHURU” and “$1.”
Beautifully Crafted Proof Set
Each of the six coins in this 2023 New Zealand Proof Currency Set is in ungraded condition. The coins are individually encapsulated and handsomely presented in a sleek black display case with the special edition silver dollar coin honoring the Ngaro Huruhuru at the focal point.