Why does this magnificently minted 2024 Lunar Year of the Dragon commemorative proof gold coin belong in your collection?
Coin Invest Trust (CIT) introduced its gold proof series honoring the symbols of the ancient Chinese zodiac in 2016. This 2024 dated coin, the ninth release of the series, is dedicated to the Year of the Dragon, which commences on February 10th, 2024. Those born under the influence of the dragon are known to be intelligent, enthusiastic, confident, and ambitious.
- The 2024 Lunar Year of the Dragon coin is struck from 1/2 gram of .9999 fine gold.
- The coin features a breathtaking proof finish, featuring delicately frosted design elements and gleaming mirrored backgrounds.
- The coin measures 11 mm in diameter.
- The coin is issued as legal tender of Mongolia, with a face value of 1,000 Togrog.
- The coin is a product of the Mayer Mint GMBH located in Germany.
- The coin will ship in its original Mint capsule.
- Mintage is limited to only 5,000 pieces.
Beautifully Rendered Year of the Dragon Imagery
Obverse: The official logo of the Bank of Mongolia appears on the obverse, above the coin’s “1,000 Togrog” denomination. The inscription “MONGOLIA 0.5 G .9999 GOLD” curves below, while a crisp saw tooth border encircles the design.
Reverse: A delightful interpretation of a Chinese-style dragon is depicted on the reverse. The creature is illustrated facing left, with its elegantly twisting body covered with intricate scales, as it triumphantly grasps a giant pearl. A lightly textured crescent shape beneath the dragon is inscribed with the date of issue “2024.” An ornamental Oriental-style frame comprised of woven cords surrounds the enchanting image.
Gorgeous Gold Proof Coin
This 2024 Mongolia Lunar Year of the Dragon 0.50 gram gold 1,000 Togrog coin is available from ModernCoinMart as received from the Mint, in uncertified condition. Expect the coin to feature a superior quality strike, exquisitely finished proof surfaces, and spectacular eye appeal. The coin will arrive safely sealed in its original Mint capsule.