Why purchase this impeccably graded First Day of Issue 2023(W) American Silver Eagle bullion coin?
The American Silver Eagle series was introduced by the U.S. Mint in 1986. Minted with imagery honoring liberty, national strength and freedom, the Silver Eagle is the official silver bullion coin of the United States. As a bullion coin with no Mint mark, this 2023 dated coin is authenticated as a West Point Mint product on its label only.
- This 2023(W) American Silver Eagle coin represents the third release of the Type-2 variety which is now the standard.
- The 40.60 mm diameter coin is struck from 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The one dollar denomination coin is legal tender of the United States.
- The coin features a clever interrupted reeded edge to discourage counterfeiting.
- The silver dollar qualified for the coveted First Day of Issue attribution.
- The perfectly graded coin is accompanied by an attractive eagle themed certification label.
Patriotic Silver Eagle Design
Obverse: Lady Liberty is portrayed casually strolling towards the rising while sun draped in an American flag on the obverse. She carries a bundle of oak and laurel branches, which are emblematic of strength, honor and victory. Inscribed “LIBERTY,” “2023,” “IN GOD WE TRUST” and the “AW” monogram. This design by award-winning sculptor Adolph A. Weinman initially appeared on the Walking Liberty Half Dollar in 1916.
Reverse: The reverse features an eagle with uplifted wings grasping an oak branch. Inscribed “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “1 OZ. FINE SILVER” and “ONE DOLLAR.” The powerful Type-2 eagle landing graphic is the work of U.S. Mint Artistic Infusion Program artist Emily Damstra.
Pristine Mint State 70
This 2023(W) American Silver Eagle coin was received by the Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) for review within twenty-four hours of release. The coin was deemed to be in Mint State 70 condition for its perfectly rendered strike, flawless surfaces and fabulous eye appeal. The 1 oz. silver bullion coin is encapsulated in a sonically sealed NGC protective holder with a First Day of Issue certification label adorned with coordinating eagle imagery.