Why make this expertly minted 2023 Lazio Brilliant Uncirculated Colorized Coin from the Flavors of Italy Series a part of your collection?
This 2023 dated installment of the Italian State Mint’s Flavors of Italy Series honors the region of Lazio, an area in central Italy that encompasses the national capital city of Rome. The releases of the series each celebrate the notable wine and culinary delights that are synonymous with specific regions of Italy.
- This copper/nickel Flavors of Italy 2023 Lazio coin measures 26.95 mm in diameter.
- The coin was struck in Italy’s capital city of Rome, at the Italian State Mint.
- The coin is minted with a stunning brilliant uncirculated (BU) finish.
- The reverse design of the coin is augmented with selectively applied lifelike color.
- The five Euro denomination coin is issued by Italy as European Union legal tender.
- The coin will arrive in a colorfully illustrated original Mint package.
- Mintage is limited to only 10,000 pieces.
Classic Cuisine of the Lazio Region
Obverse: The obverse features elements from a Lazio region landscape, depicting maritime pines beside a Roman aqueduct. The mythical sea creatures below are borrowed from mosaics ornamenting the Baths of Neptune of Ostia Antica. Inscribed “5 EURO,” “SAPORI D’ITALIA” (Flavors of Italy), the Rome Mint mark “R” and “2023.”
Reverse: The reverse is graced with a colorized rendition of the signature culinary treasures of the region: a plate of amatriciana pasta, Romanesco artichokes, a cluster of Malvasia Puntinata grapes, and Frascati wine in a glass carafe. The ornately framed octagonal shape in the background contains an astoundingly detailed map of the city of Rome. Inscribed “REPUBBLICA ITALIANA” and “LAZIO.”
Magnificently Minted Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
This Flavors of Italy series 2023 colorized five Euro coin honoring Lazio is presented in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition. The coin is ungraded, featuring a remarkably sharp strike, gorgeously finished surfaces and tremendous eye appeal. The coin will ship encapsulated and mounted in a stylish Mint branded blister pack, which is adorned with colorful illustrations and detailed information about the Lazio region of Italy.