Why order this 2023 Germania One Ounce Silver Witchcraft Seeress Medal?
The Germania Mint starts its Witchcraft Series with this 2023 Silver Seeress. The series will feature Germanic sorceresses who were thought to be able to ward off evil, foretell the figure, and possess extensive knowledge of botany. Both gods and humans alike sought the counsel of the sorceresses.
- This medal was struck from one Troy ounce of 99.99% fine silver.
- This medal was struck with an octagonal shape.
- This medal has an ornamental only face value of 5 Mark, a reference to the currency that Germany had before the introduction of the Euro,and is not legal tender.
- This is the first release in the Germania Mint’s Witchcraft Series.
- The medal is part of a mintage of just 20,000 pieces.
- This piece comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Stunning Seeress Design
Obverse: The medal’s obverse features the Seeress wearing ceremonial attire, including a diadem, belt, and a pendant. The pendant is made of deer skull fragments and antlers. She holds a ceremonial staff that represents her mystical authority, and Ratatosk, a mythical squirrel, is at her side.
Reverse: Gracing the reverse is a new design that retains the double-headed eagle of the Germania Mint. Animal skulls and dragons, which are associated with the realm of the dead, are at the center. They are surrounded by enigmatic symbols of Germanic runes. Inscriptions on this face include “GERMANIA,” “2023,” 1 OZ AG 999.9,” and “5 MARK.”