Why purchase this exceptionally graded First Releases 100 Yuan 2023 8 gram Gold Panda bullion coin?
Since 1982, the coins of the China Mint’s Gold Panda series have been a popular choice of collectors for their annually changing imagery honoring the Giant Panda. The Mint launched a “series within the series” in 2019, which celebrates the life of a panda. Scheduled to conclude in 2028, the ten-year series within the series follows a panda’s growth from playful young cub stages through maturity.
- This 2023 Chinese Panda coin is minted from 8 grams of .999 fine gold.
- The bullion coin measures 22 mm in diameter.
- The coin is legal tender of the People’s Republic of China, with a 100 Yuan face value.
- Mintage of the coin is limited to only 200,000 pieces, a reduction of 50,000 from the previous year.
- The perfectly graded coin qualified for the desirable First Releases attribution.
- The coin includes a charming coordinating panda certification label.
Enchanting 2023 Panda Design
Obverse: The Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests in the Temple of Heaven in Beijing is showcased on the obverse. The image frame is inscribed with “2023” and Chinese characters representing “People’s Republic of China.”
Reverse: The reverse features a delightful duo of young pandas climbing amongst the lowest branches of a tree. The coin’s face value of “100 Yuan” and “8 g Au .999” are inscribed. Acclaimed Chinese artist Tong Fang created the design, along with the panda imagery struck on the 2019 and 2021 releases of the series.
Mint State 70 Perfection
The Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) was selected to determine the condition of this 2023 China 8 gram Gold Panda coin. The coin received the grade of Mint State 70, which describes its flawless strike, impeccable surfaces and spectacular eye appeal. The bullion coin earned the additional First Releases designation for submission to the grading service within thirty days of its release date. The 100 Yuan coin is encased in a sonically sealed white core NGC protective holder accompanied by a certification label adorned with panda imagery.