Why add this flawless First Releases 2023 China 15 gram Gold Panda bullion coin to your collection?
In 1982, the China Mint introduced the Gold Panda series. The series is issued annually, featuring a newly designed rendition of the Chinese native each year. The Mint launched an exciting ten-year “series within the series” in 2019, which will display the development of a panda from the beginning of its life as a playful cub to a mature adult.
- This 2023 Panda coin is crafted from 15 grams of .999 fine gold.
- The coin features the fifth design of the Panda life story series within the series.
- The 200 Yuan denomination legal tender coin of the People’s Republic of China measures 27 mm in diameter.
- The bullion coin earned the First Releases attribution.
- The flawlessly struck coin includes a delightful panda style label.
- Only 200,000 coins will be minted (50,000 less than the 2022 release).
Charming Young Panda Imagery
Obverse: The obverse features a view of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests, the three-gabled circular landmark located within the Beijing Temple of Heaven complex. A border surrounding the image contains the inscription “People’s Republic of China” above in Chinese characters, and “2023” below.
Reverse: The reverse illustrates a pair of young pandas climbing the trunk and lower branches of a tree with abundant foliage. The beautifully detailed design by Chinese artist Tong Fang includes the inscriptions “15 g Au .999” and the coin’s “200 Yuan” face value. Ms. Tong is also credited with the Panda mini-series designs which graced the 2019 and 2021 releases.
Perfect Mint State 70
This 2023 China 200 Yuan 15 gram Gold Panda bullion coin was submitted to the Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) for review within thirty days of release, qualifying for the collectible First Releases designation. The coin was judged to be in Mint State 70 condition for its perfectly sharp strike, pristine surfaces and fantastic eye appeal. The gold coin is sonically sealed in a NGC white core protective holder, accompanied by an attractive panda themed certification label.