Why purchase this 2 oz. silver antiqued 2022 Shield of Henry II de France high relief shaped stackable medal?
This incredibly detailed antiqued silver medal is the fourth release of the Shield Stacker series. The design of the medal pays homage to a parade armor shield created for Henry II de France circa 1555. Featuring imagery inspired by one of Rome’s most devastating defeats, historians believe the design of the shield represents the 16th century conflict between France and the Holy Roman Empire.
- This 2022 Shield of Henry II de France Medal contains 2 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The bullion medal is a product of Coins Today of South Korea, but is not legal tender.
- The non-denominational medal is crafted with a high relief strike.
- The medal’s exquisitely detailed design is highlighted by a magnificent light antiqued finish.
- The medal features a gorgeous shield shape measuring 42.5 x 60.0 mm.
- The medal’s slightly domed shape and incuse obverse design allows for easy stacking.
- The medal is edge lettered.
Handsome Commemorative Imagery
Obverse: The obverse features an incused mirror image of the battle scene that adorns the reverse. The medal’s smooth edge is inscribed with “AG 999 2 OZ.”
Reverse: The battle taking place at the center of the reverse portrays the triumph of General Hannibal Barca and the Carthaginian army over the Romans in the 216 BC Battle of Cannae. The fierce battle is bordered by a series of woven straps that are ornamented with the king’s personal badge of a crescent moon, interspersed with the initials “H” for Henry II, “C” for his wife Catherine de Medicis, and the letter “D” to represent Henry’s mistress Diane de Poitiers. A variety of fruits also accompany the image, which are emblematic of wellness and prosperity.
Exceptionally Struck Antiqued Medal
This South Korea 2022 Shield of Henry II de France 2 oz. Silver Medal is presented in ungraded condition. The stackable bullion shield shaped medal features an astoundingly sharp high relief strike, expertly finished lightly antiqued surfaces and spectacular eye appeal.