Why purchase this 2022 Incan House of the Sun Maze silver proof-like coin?
This unusual shaped silver proof-like coin with a genuine interactive maze puzzle is a tribute to the Incan House of the Sun. The temple, also known as Coricancha, was dedicated to Inti, the Incan Sun God. Llamas were sacrificed in the temple to appease the god’s wrath.
- This 2022 Incan House of the Sun coin is struck from 1.50 Troy oz. of .9999 fine silver.
- The coin is crafted with an exquisite proof-like finish
- The coin’s innovative design is selectively colorized.
- The coin features an individualized serial number.
- The $4 legal tender coin of the Solomon Islands is a product of PAMP SA.
- The coin is minted in the shape of a stepped square, measuring 44 x 44 mm.
- Mintage is limited to only 2,500 coins.
Intricately Detailed Puzzle Design
Obverse: A right facing effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is located on the obverse, framed by the inscriptions “ELIZABETH II,” “SOLOMON ISLANDS,” “4 DOLLARS” and “2022.” The surrounding field is composed of concentric circles of varied Aztec patterns and textures. “1.5 OZ AG 999.9” is inscribed near the left edge, while the coin’s unique serial number appears on the right. The likeness of the monarch was designed in 1998 by Ian Rank-Broadley, an award-winning British sculptor.
Reverse: A complex maze adorns the reverse, with a tiny golden ball trapped within its meandering pathways. A gold colored llama is positioned at the maze starting point, while a gold colored treasure waits at the center of the maze. Inscribed “INCAN HOUSE OF THE SUN.”
Exceptionally Minted Proof-Like Coin
This 2022 Solomon Islands proof-like 1.5 oz. silver maze coin celebrating the Incan House of the Sun is presented in ungraded condition. The coin is beautifully minted, featuring a superb strike, gorgeously finished surfaces and outstanding eye appeal. The coin is enclosed in a custom shaped capsule and housed in a brightly colorized themed display box along with a Certificate of Authenticity.