Why add this impressively graded 1 oz. silver 2022-P American Liberty Proof Medal to your collection?
The U.S. Mint launched the American Liberty series in 2015, with the intent to celebrate the concept of liberty in a modernized fashion. The imagery of this 2022 American Liberty Silver Medal is a revival of the 2021 gold medal design, which is a tribute to the perseverance and resilience of the American people.
- This American Liberty medal is crafted from 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The medal was struck at the U.S. Mint’s Philadelphia branch in 2022, but is not legal tender.
- The medal’s magnificent imagery is showcased by a lustrous proof finish.
- The exceptionally graded 40.60 mm diameter medal is non-denominational.
- The medal was released at the Chicago American Numismatic Association (ANA) Show.
- Mintage of this numismatic treasure is limited to no more than 75,000 medals.
Stunning Interpretation of American Liberty
Obverse: The obverse demonstrates the unrestrained passion of a wild American Mustang, as it enthusiastically throws a western style saddle off of its back, with a stylized sun rising beyond. The image is an homage the determination and power of the emerging nation to free itself from British rule during the American Revolutionary War. Inscriptions include “LIBERTY” and “2022.”
Reverse: The magnified head of an alert eagle with its beak open is depicted on the reverse, accompanied by the inscriptions “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and the Philadelphia Mint mark “P.”
Magnificently Minted Proof 69 Ultra Cameo
This 2022-P American Liberty 1 oz. silver proof medal was submitted to the Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) for review. Featuring a beautifully executed strike, virtually flawless surfaces and sensational eye appeal, the medal was deemed worthy of the superior grade of Proof 69. The medal also received the Ultra Cameo (UC) designation, which describes the astounding amount of visual contrast between its frosted design elements and mirrored backgrounds. The medal is presented in a sonically sealed NGC protective holder, along with a certification label confirming its release at the 2022 ANA Chicago World’s Fair of Money.