Why add this 2 oz. silver high relief antiqued 2022 Cernunnos coin to your collection?
This antiqued silver coin from the Mint of Poland is a tribute to the ancient Celtic God Cernunnos. Also known as the deity “Horned One,” Cernunnos is recognized as a symbol for vitality and the pleasures of human, animal and forest life.
- This Niue 2022 Cernunnos coin is crafted from 2 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The coin is minted with a stunning high relief strike.
- The coin features an exquisite antiqued finish.
- The coin’s imagery is dramatically accented with vibrantly colored resin and painted elements.
- The coin measures 45 mm in diameter.
- The coin will arrive in a display-style original Mint package.
- Mintage of this numismatic treasure is limited to only 500 pieces.
Spectacularly Detailed Homage to Cernunnos
Obverse: The right facing rendition of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II that appears upon the obverse was designed in 1998 by renowned British sculptor Ian Rank-Broadley. The inscriptions “ELIZABETH II,” “NIUE ISLAND,” “5 DOLLARS” and “2022” encircle the effigy. Additional inscriptions located beneath the portrait include the artist’s initials “IRB,” the Mint of Poland’s Mint mark “MW” (Mennica Warszawska) and “AG 999.”
Reverse: The reverse features the god Cernunnos stalking forward on rocky terrain, with a serpent and a triple-bladed dagger in his grasp. The god is posed between two ancient tree trunks, with an inverted Celtic Triquetra symbol above, which represents a vessel for collection of power. An application of translucent green resin the deepest recesses of the coin give the image a three-dimensional quality, while the creature’s gold toned horns vividly contrast against the antiqued finish. Inscribed “CERNUNNOS.”
Gorgeous Antiqued Silver Coin
This 2022 Niue 2 oz. silver Cernunnos coin is presented in ungraded condition. Expect the coin to feature a beautifully executed high relief strike, with superbly finished antiqued surfaces and exceptional eye appeal. The coin is encapsulated and housed in a black-frame style display case surrounded by a Celtic themed pattern, accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.