Why purchase this 2022 Chibi Buddy the Elf Shaped Colorized 1 oz. Silver Proof coin?
This release of the New Zealand Mint’s Chibi® series is dedicated to Buddy the Elf, the title character from “Elf,” the award-winning live-action Christmas comedy film released into theaters in November 2003. Chibi is a popular Japanese art style that transforms real or fictional personalities into short and cute cartoon-like figures.
- This 2022 Chibi Buddy the Elf coin contains 1 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The coin is uniquely shaped, measuring 36.00 x 26.43 mm.
- The coin is minted with a fantastic proof finish.
- The coin’s delightful reverse design is embellished with vibrant color.
- The coin is issued as legal tender of Niue, with a two dollar denomination.
- The coin will arrive as packaged by the Mint in a charming holiday themed box.
- Mintage is limited to merely 2,000 pieces.
Exciting Buddy the Elf Imagery
Obverse: A right facing portrait of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is located on the obverse, between the inscriptions “ELIZABETH II NIUE” and “2022 2 DOLLARS.” Additional inscriptions near the bottom edge of the coin include “1 OZ 999 FINE SILVER” and pertinent licensing notations. This likeness of the monarch was created by acclaimed British sculptor Ian Rank-Broadley in 1998.
Reverse: Buddy the Elf is portrayed on the reverse standing with a joyous smile upon his face and arms open in a gesture of unbridled enthusiasm. Rendered in the whimsical Chibi style, the character is wearing his signature bright green and yellow elf suit, curled-toe shoes and a cone-shaped hat.
Spectacular Colorized Proof Coin
This 2022 Niue Chibi Buddy the Elf colorized 1 oz. silver proof coin is presented in ungraded condition. Expect the coin to possess a skillfully executed strike, gorgeously finished surfaces and outstanding eye appeal. The charming character shaped coin is sealed in a custom fitted capsule and housed in a window style green and white display box which includes a numbered Certificate of Authenticity surrounded by a pattern of classic holiday icons.