Why add the 2022 Negro Leagues Baseball with Privy Commemorative Silver Dollar Proof Coin PCGS PR69 FS to your collection?
Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) graded this 2022 Negro Leagues Baseball Commemorative Silver Dollar Coin at the Proof 69 (PR69) level, the second highest grade available. Issued as part of the United States Mint’s commemorative series celebrating the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Negro National League, no more than 400,000 Silver Dollar, of which only 20,000 may feature the privy mark, will ever be issued.
- This example earned the sought after First Strikes (FS) designation.
- The coin was struck to proof quality at the Philadelphia branch of the U.S. Mint.
- Each coin was struck on a .999 fine silver blank weighing .859 troy ounces.
- The coin has a $1 face value.
- There is a product limit of only 20,000 privy mark silver dollars.
- The U.S. Mint does not often use a privy mark, making this an intriguing coin.
Negro Leagues “Pitch” Dollar Design with Privy
Obverse: The image of a Negro Leagues pitcher is surrounded by baseball stitching on the obverse of this coin. He has just thrown a pitch. A baseball diamond-shaped privy appears at the right knee of the pitcher.
Reverse: The reverse design features the image of a baseball speeding toward an umpire, catcher and batter as they hover near home plate.
PR69 FS Collector Coin
First Strikes (FS) designated coins are graded and encapsulated in the first 30 days of availability. Meanwhile, Proof 69 (PR 69) coins are high end coins beloved by many collectors. The scions have a litany of positive attributes including: excellent mint luster and eye appeal, strong design devices and brilliant, original surfaces.