Why purchase this superbly graded 2022 Proof Silver Dollar coin commemorating the establishment of Negro National League baseball?
This 2022 dated U.S. Mint commemorative silver dollar proof coin is issued in tribute to Negro National Leagues (NNL) baseball. The NNL was formed in Kansas City in 1920, to allow athletes of African American and Latin American descent to play baseball in an organized league during a period of segregation in the major leagues of the sport.
- This 2022 Negro Leagues Baseball Commemorative coin is struck from 0.859 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The coin is a product of the Mint’s facility located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The silver dollar features an exquisite proof finish.
- The coin measures 38.10 mm in diameter.
- The handsome coin qualified for the collectible First Releases attribution.
- No more than 400,000 pieces across all Silver Dollar product options will be issued.
Amazingly Detailed Commemorative Design
Obverse: The obverse depicts the batter’s view of the pitcher, immediately following a pitch, as the ball speeds forward and the pitcher maintains his balance after the powerful throw. In the background, the inscriptions “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST” and “2022” surround a circular frame which emulates the iconic stitching of a baseball.
Reverse: The reverse features a view of home plate as seen through the eyes of the pitcher, depicting a batter wearing a Kansas City Monarchs cap with his eye on the approaching ball, the catcher prepared with his glove lifted, and the umpire with his gaze focused on the strike zone. Inscriptions include “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” along with the coin’s denomination of “$1.”
Spectacular Proof 69
The Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) received this 2022 Negro Leagues Baseball Commemorative Silver Dollar Proof Coin for review within thirty days of its official Mint release date. The coin was deemed to be in Proof 69 condition for its remarkably sharp strike, virtually flawless surfaces and outstanding eye appeal. The proof coin is presented in a sonically sealed NGC protective holder accompanied by a certification label authenticating the coin as First Releases.