Why add this colorized 2022 Flavors of Italy Series Brilliant Uncirculated Coin honoring Puglia to your collection?
The Italian State Mint has released a collection of selectively colorized coins to commemorate the distinctive Flavors of Italy. This 2022 dated, five Euro denomination coin is dedicated to Puglia, the southern region of the nation which forms the heel of Italy’s “boot.”
- This 2022 Flavors of Italy Puglia coin is a product of the Italian State Mint in Rome.
- The coin is crafted from copper/nickel, measuring 26.95 mm in diameter.
- The coin is minted with a gorgeous brilliant uncirculated (BU) finish.
- The reverse design of the coin is handsomely accented with realistic color.
- The coin is issued by Italy as legal tender of the European Union, with a five Euro face value.
- The coin will arrive in a charming series themed original Mint package.
- The coin is part of a 15,000 piece limited mintage.
Culinary Delights of the Puglia Region
Obverse: An example of Puglia style architecture, the Trulli of Alberobello, is depicted on the obverse, with an olive tree in the foreground. Below, a dolphin swims amongst waves, an image inspired by staters of Taranto, ancient coinage of the region. Inscribed “PUGLIA” and “REPUBBLICA ITALIANA.”
Reverse: On the reverse, a slice of bread from Altamura, a mound of orecchiette pasta, and an olive branch are depicted in full color, enticingly surrounding a glass of red Primativo wine. The image is ornamented by fretwork motifs modeled after the design characteristics of the Basilica of San Nicola di Bari. Inscriptions include “SAPORI D’ITALIA” (Flavors of Italy), “2022,” “5 EURO” and the Rome Mint mark “R.”
Exquisite Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
This 2022 Flavors of Italy Series Puglia coin is presented in Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition. The coin is magnificently minted, featuring a superior quality strike, expertly finished color enhanced surfaces, and fantastic eye appeal. The 5 Euro denomination coin will ship as released from the Mint, encapsulated and secured in a Mint branded blister style display card, which features coordinating imagery and a captivating description of the Puglia region of Italy.