Why add this limited mintage 2022 Alexander Graham Bell 24 gram gilded silver GEM Proof coin to your collection of precious metal treasures?
This installment of The Royal Mint’s Innovation in Science series is an homage to Alexander Graham Bell, the creator of one of the most significant inventions in world history, the telephone.
- This 2022 Alexander Graham Bell coin is struck from 24 grams of .925 fine silver.
- The commemorative design of the coin is showcased by a gleaming selectively gilded proof finish.
- The coin is minted in the double thick Piedfort style, with a diameter measuring 28.40 mm.
- The coin features a reeded edge with incuse lettering.
- In Great Britain, the coin carries a legal tender value of two pounds.
- The coin will ship in its original The Royal Mint packaging.
- Mintage is limited to merely 1,380 pieces.
Clever Design Honoring Alexander Graham Bell
Obverse: The right facing effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II wearing the Royal Diamond Diadem is centered on the obverse. A gilded border surrounding the portrait includes the inscriptions “ELIZABETH II,” “D.G. REG. F.D.,” “2 POUNDS” and “2022.” The likeness of Great Britain’s longest reigning monarch was created by award-winning British sculptor Jody Clark in 2015.
Reverse: The numbered buttons of a telephone appear on the reverse, with the inscription “PIONEER OF THE TELEPHONE” and Bell’s life dates “1847” and “1922” integrated within the design. The additional inscriptions “ALEXANDER” and “GRAHAM BELL” flank the image, on a gilded frame, with “INNOVATION IN SCIENCE” and “BELL” lettered on the coin’s edge.
Magnificently Minted GEM Proof Coin
This 2022 Great Britain Silver Alexander Graham Bell Proof £2 Coin is available from ModernCoinMart in GEM Proof condition, featuring a superior quality strike, beautifully finished, selectively gilded surfaces and outstanding eye appeal. The 24 gram silver proof coin will arrive as packaged by the Mint, encapsulated and housed within a handsome black Mint branded presentation case accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity and an illustrated shipper.