Why add this pristine First Releases 2022 Australia Phoenix 2 oz. silver high relief proof coin to your collection?
The Perth Mint’s Chinese Myths and Legends series celebrates the most important mystical creatures of Chinese culture. The sixth release of the series is dedicated to the Phoenix, an immortal entity that represents honesty, benevolence and knowledge, and symbolizes a future of happiness, harmony and prosperity.
- This Chinese Myths and Legends 2022 Phoenix coin is minted from 2 Troy oz. of .9999 fine silver.
- The coin features a lustrous proof finish and breathtaking high relief imagery.
- The two dollar legal tender coin of Australia measures 40.90 mm in diameter.
- The perfectly graded coin earned the collectible First Releases attribution.
- The coin includes a patriotic certification label and its original Authenticity Certificate.
- Mintage is limited to 1,000 pieces.
Magnificently Rendered Phoenix Design
Obverse: The right facing effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, designed by renowned British sculptor Jody Clark in 2015, is encircled by the inscriptions “ELIZABETH II,” “AUSTRALIA,” “2 OZ 9999 AG,” “2 DOLLARS” and “2022” on the obverse.
Reverse: A beautiful airborne Phoenix is depicted on the reverse, contrasted against a background of stylized auspicious clouds. The mythical creature is comprised of the head of a pheasant, body of a mandarin duck, tail of a peacock, beak of a parrot and the wings of a swallow. The Perth Mint mark “P” is positioned within the cloud pattern.
Proof 70 Excellence
This 2 oz. silver high relief 2022 Australian Phoenix proof $2 coin from the Chinese Myths and Legends series was submitted to the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) for review within thirty days of its official Mint release date. Featuring a perfectly executed strike, impeccable surfaces and spectacular eye appeal, the coin was awarded the exceptional grade of Proof 70. The silver proof coin is sonically sealed in a NGC protective holder accompanied by an Australian flag themed First Releases certification label. The original packaging and numbered Mint issued Certificate of Authenticity will arrive with the graded coin.