Why purchase this Congratulations Set Proof 2021-W American Silver Eagle?
Recognize someone special for a significant accomplishment or milestone in 2021 with this stunning Proof Silver Eagle from the U.S. Mint’s Congratulations Set. This coin is a particularly attractive option due to its historic nature. Not only is it part of the 35th anniversary release in this series, but it is also part of the final proof releases to bear John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle design. The mint plans to replace that design during 2021.
- This coin is $1 U.S. legal tender.
- This coin bears the “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint.
- This proof was struck from 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- The product limit of 39,997 is sold-out at the Mint!
- This coin is part of the 35th anniversary edition of the Proof Silver Eagle.
- The obverse features one of the most beloved designs in America’s rich numismatic history.
- This is the last Proof issue in the series to include John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle reverse design, which will be replaced mid-year.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this piece Proof 69.
- NGC certified this coin Ultra Cameo and First Releases.
- Grading information comes on an exclusive Heraldic Eagle label.
- This piece has been set in a black core holder.
Featuring the Iconic Designs of Adolph Weinman and John Mercanti
Obverse: The obverse features Adolph Weinman’s historic Walking Liberty design. The morning sun shines on Liberty as she carries laurel and oak branches in the foreground. Her name, “LIBERTY,” is inscribed along the rim, while the date, “2021,” and the national motto, “IN GOD WE TRUST,” are included elsewhere on this face. Adolph Weinman’s most famous works are his Walking Liberty Half Dollar and Mercury Dime. He made other contributions to numismatics and was also a prolific sculptor.
Reverse: For the last time, the reverse bears John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle design, which was modeled off of the Great Seal of the United States. Thirteen stars shine above an eagle, which protects a union shield while holding arrows and an olive branch. Arching over the image along the rim is the name of the issuing country, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.” Inscriptions on the bottom half of the rim note the coin’s metal content, “1 OZ. FINE SILVER,” and face value, “ONE DOLLAR.” Nobody in the history of the US Mint has designed more medals and coins than John Mercanti. He was the twelfth Chief Engraver of the institution, a post that he held for part of his nearly four decades with the mint.
Virtually Flawless PF69 UC FR with Black Core Holder and Exclusive Heraldic Eagle Label
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) set this coin in a black core holder and provided the grading information on an exclusive Heraldic Eagle label. NGC graded this piece Proof 69 and certified it both Ultra Cameo (UC) and First Releases (FR). The grade means that the coin looks perfect to the unaided eye. The UC certification means that it has both heavily frosted devices and deeply mirrored fields, while the First Releases certification credits it for the fact that it was submitted for grading within 30 days of its initial release from the mint.