Why does 2021 South Africa 2 oz. Silver Krugerrand GEM Proof coin deserve a place in your collection?
The two ounce silver proof variety is one of the newest additions to the South African Mint’s Krugerrand series, which has been annually released in gold format since 1967. Silver varieties with the same iconic imagery were introduced to the series in 2017, in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Gold Krugerrand.
- This 2021 Krugerrand coin is struck from 2 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- This 2 oz. silver coin is 2 Rand legal tender in South Africa.
- The coin represents the second year of issue of the two ounce proof coin.
- The coin features an impressive diameter measurement of 50 mm.
- The coin is one of only 10,000 to be minted.
- The coin includes a numbered Mint issued Certificate of Authenticity.
Time-Honored Krugerrand Imagery
Obverse: The left facing likeness of former South African president Paul Kruger is showcased on the obverse. The inscriptions “SUID-AFRIKA” and “SOUTH AFRICA” sweep over the portrait.
Reverse: A magnificent rendition of a springbok antelope gracefully leaping across the African savanna is centered on the reverse, surrounded by the inscriptions “KRUGERRAND,” “2021” and “FYNSILWER 2 OZ FINE SILVER R2.” The familiar wildlife image was struck on South Africa’s circulating five shilling coin from 1948-1964.
Gorgeous GEM Proof Coin
This 2021 South Africa 2 oz. Silver Krugerrand proof coin is in presented in spectacular GEM Proof condition. Expect the coin to possess a superior quality strike, expertly finished frosted and mirrored surfaces, and outstanding eye appeal. The coin will arrive in specially designed South African Mint branded packaging, accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity and an informative booklet about the exciting Silver Krugerrand series.