Why order this 2021-S Type 2 American Silver Eagle Proof?
The U.S. Mint marks the 35th anniversary of the Proof Silver Eagle with the first major design change in the series history. John Mercanti’s original heraldic eagle reverse design makes way for an Eagle Landing design by Emily Damstra. The new version also includes Adolph Weinman’s artist mark on the obverse for the first time in the series, as well as an interrupted serrated edge, a new security feature. Fans of the Silver Eagle Series should not miss out on this historic issue.
- This coin is $1 legal tender in the United States.
- This piece was struck from 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- This piece bears the “S” mint mark of the San Francisco Mint.
- The coin is part of the 35th anniversary edition of the Proof Silver Eagle.
- This is the Type 2 version of the coin.
- The new edition has a new reverse design by Emily Damstra.
- Adolph Weinman’s artist mark appears on the obverse for the first time.
- This release has an interrupted serrated edge, a new security feature.
- Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graded this piece Proof 70.
- NGC certified this proof Ultra Cameo and First Releases.
- Grading information comes on an exclusive Eagle label.
Patriotic Eagle Landing Design by Emily Damstra
Obverse: Adolph Weinman’s Walking Liberty design graces the obverse. Liberty carries branches that represent civilian and military honors in the early morning sun. Her name, “LIBERTY,” spreads throughout the top half of the rim, while other obverse inscriptions read, “2021” and “IN GOD WE TRUST.” Adolph Weinman designed two of the best known coins of the 20th century, the Walking Liberty Half Dollar and the Mercury Dime. In addition to these and other numismatic contributions, he was also a sculptor, and his work can still be seen in many American cities.
Reverse: Emily Damstra’s Eagle Landing design replaces John Mercanti’s adaptation of the Great Seal of the United States on the reverse. The bird spreads its wings as it prepares to land with an oak branch in its talons. Encircling the eagle are three rim inscriptions, which read, “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “ONE DOLLAR,” and “1 OZ. FINE SILVER.” Also inscribed on this face is the statutory motto “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
Flawless PF70 UC FR with Exclusive Eagle Label
Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) provided the grading information for this coin on an exclusive Eagle label. NGC graded the piece Proof 70, which means that it appears perfect even under 5x magnification. The grading company also credited this piece for having deeply mirrored fields and heavily frosted devices by certifying it Ultra Cameo. Finally, the company noted that this coin was submitted for grading no more than 30 days after its initial release from the mint by certifying it First Releases.