Why add the 2021-(S) American Silver Eagle Struck at San Francisco Mint Type 2 NGC MS70 Emergency Production FDI Blue Foil Core 35th Anniversary Label to your collection?
Numsimatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) graders evaluated this remarkable 2021-(S) American Silver Eagle which earned the coveted collector grade of Mint State 70 (MS70). This Type-2 Silver Eagle was struck at the San Francisco Mint during a production run authorized by the United States Mint to keep up with customer demand in the face of Covid-19 pandemic related production delays, earning it the Emergency Production designation from NGC. They are typically struck at the West Point Mint.
- The coin features the recently debuted Type 2 reverse which includes a reeded gap security feature.
- This Type-2 Silver Eagle was struck at the San Francisco Mint during an authorized production run.
- This example earned the First Day of Issue (FDI) designation.
- The coin was encapsulated for future generations with the Blue Foil Core.
- The coin has a special 35th Anniversary Label–noting 35 years of the Silver Eagle series.
- Each 1 oz. coin is struck on a planchet comprised of .999 pure silver.
New, Majestic Reverse
Obverse: The obverse features the timeless Walking Liberty image from sculptor Adolph A. Weinman. The slightly revised Type 2 coin reinstates Weinman’s initials for the first time.
Reverse: The Type 2 reverse features a brand new design by Numismatic Designer Emily Damstra dubbed the Eagle Landing design. The new reverse features a flying Eagle about to land, clasping a branch in its talons.
MS70 FDI Blue Foil Core with 35th Anniversary Label
Mint State 70 coins are perfection even when examined under magnification. The First Day of Issue designation and the Emergency Production pedigree appear on the certification label. The visual appeal of the excellent Blue Foil Core and the one year only 35th Anniversary Label make this coin a stunning addition to any collection.