Why buy this 2022 $5 Palau Ultra High Relief 1 oz Silver Colorized Proof American Alligator?
This Silver American Alligator is the latest offering from the tiny island nation of Palau. Thanks to Coin Invest Trust’s (CIT’s) smartminting technology, both faces of this coin were struck in impressive ultra high relief. This unique piece offers two looks at the same design, one from above the water and one from beneath the surface. That makes this an ideal choice for collectors who love coins with unique design elements, as well as those who are awed by nature’s wonders.
- This coin is $5 legal tender in Palau.
- This coin was struck from 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- This coin is part of a mintage of just 2,022 pieces.
- The coin is a product of CIT and was struck in Germany at the Mayer Mint.
- This piece was struck in ultra high relief on both faces using smartminting technology.
- The reverse is executed in vibrant color.
- This coin comes in its original mint packaging and will arrive in GEM Proof condition.
Striking American Alligator Designs
Obverse: The obverse shows a look at an American Alligator swimming as seen from below. The Palau coat of arms is included on the right along with inscriptions of the name of the issuing country, “REPUBLIC OF PALAU,” and the coin’s face value, “$5.” Also visible is a mirror version of the reverse inscription.
Reverse: On the reverse, an American Alligator swims on the surface of the water in the Everglades. The alligator and a boat are silver, while the water and the marsh are colorized. The name of the featured creature, “AMERICAN ALLIGATOR,” is inscribed at the bottom.