Why order this $2 Niue 2021 1 oz Silver Colorized Lord of the Rings – Chibi Gandalf the Grey Proof?
No Lord of the Rings fan will want to go without this playful Chibi Gandalf coin from the New Zealand Mint. This is the third release in the Lord of the Rings Chibi Series, which depicts characters from the popular franchise in a Japanese anime style. This colorful coin has dual appeal to Lord of the Rings and Chibi fans, meaning that with a mintage of just 2,000 pieces, it will not be available for long.
- This is the third issue in the Lord of the Rings Chibi Series.
- This coin is $2 legal tender in Niue.
- This piece was struck from 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- The coin is colorized on one face and has a proof finish.
- This coin is shaped to fit the reverse design.
- This coin is part of a mintage of just 2,000 pieces.
- This coin is a product of the New Zealand Mint.
- This piece will arrive in GEM Proof condition.
Exquisite Gandalf Design
Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley’s famous right-side portrait of Queen Elizabeth II wearing a tiara graces the obverse. Inscriptions above the monarch note her name, “ELIZABETH II,” and that of the issuing country, “NIUE,” while those below it offer the coin’s date, “2021,” and face value, “2 DOLLARS.” Also included on this face are inscriptions that would normally appear on the reverse, including the coin’s weight and purity, “1 OZ 999 FINE SILVER,” and the copyright and trademark protections.
Reverse: The reverse features a colorized, Chibi version of Gandalf, one of the most prominent figures in the Lord of the Rings franchise. He carries his magic staff while wearing his characteristic grey cloak and droopy hat.