Why order this 2021 1 oz Silver Netherlands Lion Dollar Proof?
The Dutch Lion Dollar was a vital coin in the development of the New World. For two centuries, it played an essential role in commerce. Prized for its silver content and purity, they were used in circulation not just in the Americas but throughout the world. This 2021 Restrike Lion Dollar from Holland restrike is modeled after the 1612 Utrecht Daalder and has a history of over 400 years. Struck at the Royal Dutch Mint, this proof was modeled after that historic issue and is perfect for any collector who has an interest in American history.
- This proof was struck at the Royal Dutch Mint.
- This restrike was struck from 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- This proof is part of a mintage of just 5,000 pieces.
- The Dutch Lion Dollar was one the most important coins in the New World for two centuries.
- This issue comes with a modern replica of an Old World Map.
- The proof will arrive in GEM Proof condition.
- This piece comes in its original mint packaging which includes a Certificate of Authenticity.
Striking Dutch Lion Rampant Design
Obverse: The Dutch Lion Rampant features on the obverse. This historic symbol of the Netherlands, a major world power at the time of the original issue, is encircled by a rim frame. That frame bears the Latin inscription “”CONFIDENS.DNO.NON.MOVETVR,” which means, “Belief in God is not moved.”
Reverse: On the reverse, a knight balances a shield that bears the symbol that features on the obverse. The rim frame on this face also bears a Latin inscription, “MO.ARG.PRO.CON FOE.BELG.TRA.” That translates to “Silver money of the Province of the Netherlands Confederation at Traiectum.”