Why order this 2021 GH¢2 Ghana CuNi Colorized Madonna with Child?
Religious collectors are sure to love this colorized Madonna & Child. Depictions of the Blessed Mother are known to date back to the second century. The oldest known image is a painting in the Catacomb of Pricilla, which is situated in Rome. Some of the most famous depictions of the Virgin Mary and her Son come from Italian artist Rafael, who created the images in the sixteen century. Part of a mintage of just 1,500 pieces, this coin is sure to be prized for decades to come.
- This coin is GH¢2 legal tender in Ghana.
- This issue was struck from cupro-nickel.
- This coin is part of a mintage of just 1,500 pieces.
- This piece features a colorized image of the Blessed Mother and Baby Jesus.
- This piece will arrive in GEM Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
Stunning Madonna and Child Design
Obverse: Queen Elizabeth II features in right-side portrait on the obverse. Her image is encircled by inscriptions that include her name, “ELIZABETH II,” the face value of the coin, “2 CEDIS,” and the name of the issuing country, “REPUBLIC OF GHANA.” Below is an inscription of the name of the coin, “MADONNA WITH CHILD.”
Reverse: On the reverse, the Blessed Mother, dressed in white and blue, holds Baby Jesus. A halo radiates around Mary’s head.