Why purchase this 2 oz. Silver 2021 Classic Car Black GEM Proof coin?
This beautiful silver coin celebrating classic car style and the possibilities of the open road combines four distinct finishes: traditional proof mirrored and frosted areas, with dramatic regions of sleek black proof and black silk design elements.
- This 2021 Classic Car proof coin is struck from 2 Troy oz. of .999 fine silver.
- The 38.61 mm diameter coin is a product of the Mayer Mint GmbH Germany.
- CIT’s innovative enhanced smartminting technology was used to create the coin’s ultra high relief design.
- The coin will ship in its themed original Mint packaging.
- Mintage is limited to just 999 coins.
Fantastic Three Dimensional Car Design
Obverse: The obverse is adorned with the right facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as designed by acclaimed British sculptor Ian Rank-Broadley in 1998. Inscriptions include “ELIZABETH II,” “10 DOLLARS,” “COOK ISLANDS” and “2021.”
Reverse: A magnificent view of a classic car is depicted on the reverse, featuring the wide, domed hood and broad, dominating grille of a 1950’s style vehicle. The hood ornament showcases CIT’s eagle logo, adding a bit of whimsy to the sculptural design. The markings of a speedometer curve above, numbered in increments of ten from 50-100, while the inscription “OPEN ROADS – OPEN HEARTS” is positioned beneath the vehicle.
Spectacular GEM Proof Coin
This Ultra High Relief 2021 Cook Islands 2 oz. Silver Classic Car black proof $10 coin is encapsulated and presented as originally received from the Mint, in a contemporary display box accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity. The specially designed packaging gives the appearance of the car travelling at night, guided by glowing streetlights.